Professor of Neurosurgery
My research interests include Chiari malformation, syringomyelia, hydrocephalus, traumatic brain injury, brain tumors, advanced imaging, multi-center research and clinical trials.
- BSc: BS, Biology, College of William & Mary Williamsburg, Virginia, 1992-1995
- PhD: Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, 1995-2001
- MD: Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, 1995-2001
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Hope Center for Neurological Disorders
- Biology & Biomedical Sciences
Our laboratory focuses on cerebrospinal fluid physiology, both under normal conditions and in pathological states such as hydrocephalus and syringomyelia. We are particularly interested in the biology of the ventricular zone—the wall of the ventricle—and the subjacent subventricular zone, and the effect of injury to these areas on brain development.